Medical Assistant / Medical Biller — Certificate Program
- Build an understanding of Medical Terminology relating to the primary body systems.
- Records Management, EMR/EHR and Office Procedures.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of Medical Insurance Billing
- Learn effective business communication skills, professionalism and telecommunications.
- Navigate various Healthcare Software Applications
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills and professionalism
Length: 6 weeks Total Credit Hours: 120
Students enrolled in this course will gain knowledge in Medical Terminology,and EMR. Students will learn about Medicare, Medicaid, Inception/history/present day focus, Information Technology (IT), types of insurance coverage including HMO, PPO, fee-based, health insurance exchanges and government/private plans. Fraud, abuse, HIPAA Compliance and the appeals process will be included.
Aberdeen College accepts students with one of the following qualifications: a High School Diploma, passing the General Education Development (GED) test, passing the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE), or passing the College-administered entrance exam. The applicants should also have reached compulsory age to be accepted by Aberdeen College. The compulsory age is 16 years old and above as defined by the State of California Department of Education.